Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Place to Start (Dec. 28,2009)


I am lousy at time management - or maybe the truth is that I'm lousy at delegating, saying no, expecting other people to do their part without my supervision, and focusing on my own things. So I guess that makes me a micro-manager who doesn't have enough of her own time left to actually mange. Kind of sad when you think about it. What's worse is that I know I'm not alone in this. It's not limited to parents or spouses. It has nothing to do with being male or female. Age doesn't matter either. You only have to be human to enjoy this sense of being overwhelmingly behind.
All things considered I know this is not a healthy way for a person to be. So OF COURSE I've decided to add another thing to the Busywork List and start a blog. OF COURSE it's going to be the latest and greatest blog out there in cyberspace (well, at least the latest for about a nano-second) where I'm going to change the world. Hey, even if no one else out there reads it or joins in the fun, I'm here and if I flog myself hard enough I'll contribute and it will change me. Since I live in the world - it counts.
The purpose of this blog - affectionately called "On My Way to It" - is to help get goals a little more realistic, To Do Lists a tad bit more manageable, and possibly strike the flint to spark a light at the end of the tunnel for a few projects. the glory is that I don't care how big or small it is - progress is progress! It all adds up. Plus, venting is a good thing and I figure there is going to be quite a bit of that mixed in here.
Since I'm moving this from my Writer's Digest page and setting it up correctly instead of experimenting with keeping it going by comment instead of blog posts (failed lazy, space saver idea), I'll be (trying) to focus mainly on my various writing projects and marketing concerns that are floating around in my brain and struggling in and into reality. that doesn't mean this space needs to stay JUST about writing, and PLEASE, feel free to add - whether it's what you happen to be on your way to or some advice. I'd love to hear it. Life is such a great idea generator - share it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment