Wednesday, April 7, 2010

January 25, 2010

Well, it's Monday and the thought waters are still churning away.
Most of the contests I'm running into require a 10,000 word minimum. this is a problem for me since I'm roughly 500-900 words short for both of the Fiddlebug and Friends stories. I'm happy with how they are and feel that adding that many words wouldn't be a benefit to the storyline and could possibly turn negative. I've got one more to write in the first trilogy, and could possibly add them together into one book at that point. I need to see deadlines first to make sure I have enough time to do the third one right. Clyde the Undead Dust-bunny would work great, but is currently on an exclusive trip to woo an agent. I'll hear something there by the end of February, but I'm stuck on that front until then.
I'm also not fond of the Froggy Hibernation Station rough draft I just reread. Major revisions are needed there, but that's okay - writing fertilizer helps stories grow, right? My query letter could use an overhaul too for the same reason.
All of that being said, I think it's going to be a brainstorming and research week. So that's what I'm on my way to. I'll let you know what idea's I've stumbled across when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment