Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dec. 29, 2009

It's a beautiful, snowy Tuesday out there and I'm feeling pretty good about my week so far. Christmas break - especially the parts with the laughing and the cookies - helped me regroup and clear off some of the accumulated desk clutter. It also helped remind me that normal life around here is constantly in flux, so smaller goals with wider time frames work better for me than big dramatic "push myself" accomplishments. maybe this will change if my writing changes from personal to professional, but for now I think homeschooling teenagers offers quite enough opportunity for big deadlines and stress.
So this week, I've decided to set myself two small goals dealing with the literary world. First, I'd like to finish the last couple of pages for the rough draft that I set aside in the Christmas rush. It will just feel good to get that project to the next step. The second is to look up three magazines that accept freelance work. If freelancing looks like a good fit, it would be really nice to get my name out to a wider audience than I've been able to with Fiddlebug so far - and some extra money always comes in handy.
That's what I'm on my way to this week. I'll let you know when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment