Friday, April 16, 2010


It's been a fun Friday for me. I got to go read to some really great munchkins at a daycare center in Fairlea (I'm hoping to get a picture or two of the event to post) and then get looked at all kinds of funny while shopping for flowers still dressed up like a fairy except for the wings (just too hard to navigate stores in them sadly). You may wonder why I don't bring a change of clothes - well it's mainly because normal clothes combined with that much glitter eyeshadow looks even more tacky than the outfit minus the wings. Besides, it entertains people, even when they do think they are only laughing AT me instead of WITH me.

The big news is the website though! I not only met my goal there but since things went a LOT easier than I thought they would I surpassed it and the site is up and running. I'm rather happy with how it turned out, plus there is room for it to grow as time and need goes on.

So today I brought home some calla lilies I couldn't pass up, some gerbera daisies which I think are some of the happiest looking flowers under the sun and some more of those poor under appreciated white pansies. I'm trying to hold off on watering since I hear there is supposed to be a LOT of rain tonight or tomorrow morning, so please don't think I'm making the poor plants out there die of thirst when you see the picture! Have an absolutely wonderful weekend - I know I'll be enjoying a little bit of downtime! - and I'll be back on Monday with some new something to be on my way to.

p.s. I keep forgetting to post an invitation here: If you would like to post something that you are on your way to in the comments section please feel free to join in. I know I've found that I stick to my goals better since I started this blog - it might help you too! It doesn't have to be literary, it can be anything from washing the dishes to building that time machine you are always talking about. Sometimes it's just nice to have company on the journey! Just don't forget to let us know when you get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment