Wednesday, April 7, 2010

January 18, 2010

Here I am, back at Monday with a new week stretching out in front of me. I had a great lunch with a friend and fellow writer. the boys are working on school. Hubby is off to work. The house is quiet, the weather is warmer and the sun is shining. Yep, you guessed it: The last thing I really want to be doing right now is sitting at my computer. However, writing this blog is actually still doing the job I wanted it to do. It's reminding me to stick with the plan and move forward a little every day - even on the days when I don't' really want to. So this week I've decided to get initial revisions and proofreading done for The Froggy Hibernation Station. It's been on the back burner for a while now. I'm also going to get the first little bit of the new story idea typed into the computer since right now it's so tentative it's in pencil in a random notebook. On the bravery front I'm sending in my entry for the Highlights Fiction Contest tomorrow when the post office is open again, and I've made up my mind to look for more contests to enter. I will be entering Fiddlebug in the Writer's Digest contest for self-published books next payday (hopefully). I think it stands as good of a chance as any and better than some. I'll do the happy dance if I get an honorable mention... beyond that I'd LOVE to win, so I'll hold on to that shiny thread of hope and keep my fingers crossed. I'm happy with what I'm on my way to this week and can't wait to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment