Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 5, 2010


Wow, and we are back to Monday... How did that happen so fast? I think there is a hole in my Time Bucket! Spring has a way of doing that though, and I can't say I'm unhappy - juggling the To Do's is a lot better when it's warm and sunny out. The problem is making myself stay in when there are flower beds that are begging for attention and spring breezes blowing my thoughts in new directions every few minutes. Rainy days don't help either. There is just something about spring rain that makes me want to curl up with a book and read instead of writing my own words. Spring also seems to be the time when school becomes the most time consuming. We have annual testing and the horror of looking at schedules and realizing that those one or two assignments that we would finish "later" have caused a log jam and time is running out if we would like to enjoy a summer without the schoolwork. The tentative grasp on my time management skills I've had since starting this blog feels very iffy right now. It's a really good thing bribery works for me and I get a guilty conscience even if I'm just lying to myself because I've got a plan! I'm not going to allow myself to buy any new flowers for the flower beds until I meet my writing goals each week. I am going to cheat just a little and keep those goals fairly small, but hey, when you've got a hole in your Time Bucket, you really have to be careful not to over schedule! I'm also setting a monetary limit just in case you're wondering. Since the money comes out of my "allowance" it'll be a whole lot like being self employed and getting paid to write! Each goal I meet will earn me $15.00 in new plants for the flower beds. Since I've got really big flower beds, that should keep me on track for a while - plus it will serve the added purpose of letting me really think about what flowers I want next.
So this week, I'm going to be on my way to the (hopefully) last editing of Clyde the Undead Dust-bunny. I will also be deciding who to go through to host my website (coming soon) and getting a rough idea of how I want it laid out. A friend is going to be giving me a hand with the site and I want to keep this as painless of a process as possible so she doesn't have to pull her hair out and I can actually learn something! Wish me luck on getting there - I'd really like to bring home some green, growing additions to the Fairy Bed by the end of the week! (I'll be adding pictures of progress, and I do believe I'll start right here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment