Wednesday, April 7, 2010

March 1, 2010

New month, and new Monday. Fiddlebug got quite a bit of attention today. I went to pick up a couple of copies that I have on consignment and was asked to leave 4 more instead - made me smile! I also had a request for three copies from someone else. This brought me to a really great realization - I could possibly sell out of "on hand" books at the craft show on March 12, 13 and 14! How GREAT would that be?! Plus, I finally got a copy sent to Tamarack for their book jury. I'm feeling like I made some headway on my sales plan (which I really need to focus on a bit more often). I've also reinforced my resolve to put paying off the rest of the debt left over from getting Fiddlebug into print and bulk book orders at the top of the list of things to do. All of this has helped lead me to the beginning of a new plan... so here it is: From now until lat summer I'm going to be on my way to payoff. I am also putting money away for at least one writer's conference this year, and another bulk order of books in case I need books to sell. Since that will about kill my "allowance", I figure it's a pretty good time to look for an agent or a publisher. After payoff I'm going to start putting more money away so that if I can't find an agent or a publisher, I can self-publish again. I still have to work on my platform, but I have a small one in place so it should just be a matter of building, right? My goal is to have another book out for the Christmas season one way or another. I'd like it to be Clyde the Undead Dust-bunny - I think.
That's the grand plan. On a more immediate note, this week I'm on my way to finishing the rough draft for Fiddlebug Gets Dragonpox. I'm going to give myself a little buffer on the time though since there is also a closet monster in my head that likes to get a few words in from time to time. Wish me luck! I'll let you know when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment