Friday, October 29, 2010

October 29, 2010


My meandering week saw a letter sent to Headline Books to see if they have had a chance to read Bart and the Amber Bee Award. These things take time, but since I sent the manuscript in June I think it is best to double check. Here's hoping that they are still considering and that the envelope didn't just wander off into the black hole of lost mail!
I also got Eco-Libris stickers on all of my Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny Books, and printed out the signs and bookmarks I will need for the Pajama Program donation box when I set up at the craft show on Nov. 12th.
Most importantly, I'm starting to feel a little less overwhelmed by it all. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
During my "down time" I also had time to think. One thing that came to mind is that I'll feel better after the craft show. It will be my first official appearance with Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny. Despite the fact that my goal is not as lofty as becoming the next J.K. Rowling, there is a certain level of celebration and recognition that should accompany a new book. Book launches help carry the "new book" excitement out into the world and validate the author's choice to write. Since it will be over a month since the book came out before I will actually launch it, I admit to harboring a small fear of inconsequential invisibility. My own fault, I know better than to schedule that much time before events.
Live and learn. Now on to the weekend! Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

  1. i am lost a little but i will catch up soon i know i know at least some of whats going on though much luck prosperity and peace to your endeavors, as well as to your family, and your self Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the witch outfit. Happy your down time helped. I'm looking forward to the craft fair, but of course, I haven't done the least bit of prep work.

    ReplyDelete