Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2, 2010


Well, Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny and I have had a very busy week! The box of books arrived on Wednesday afternoon and I of course had to spend some time ooing and aweing and generally proving that I am one of those bouncy, shrieky, girl creatures when I'm excited about something - I've given up being embarrassed by this fact too. The best part was that any worry that I had about the files being wrong in some drastic way that would mess the book up have been laid to rest. The cover looks great, the pages are just how I wanted them. I think the quality would stand beside anything out there and hold its own. I am VERY happy with how the finished product turned out. Blatant plug alert: I would recommend 48Hr Books to anyone in need of a good book printer, and fully intend to be a return customer for my next book too.
After I was done (well, maybe it was during) with the doofy smile stage I started delivering the local pre-orders and getting the out of town ones packed up which is a really cool process. Then yesterday I took some over to Kittens Korner in White Sulpher Springs and Paulette's Pastries in Ronceverte for consignment. Silver Birch in Union and Rebecca's Jewelry Box in Fairlea will also be carrying them locally, but I need to deliver theirs to them yet. I also got my excel tracking sheet up and running (okay Scott got it up and running, but I still got all the books logged, so it counts). And I had my first order come in from the website store!!!
I've limited direct sales so far just because yesterdays deliveries were made while multi-tasking a clothes shopping trip for Mason and running a couple of other errands. My brain only holds so much at a time and I don't want to lose track of the whos and wheres on sales. Besides I'm hoping to do a couple of mini-launches which should provide a lot more fun for everyone than accosting strangers while out and about!
So anyway, I made my goals and am really happy with where everything stands at the moment! Now I'm going to enjoy the weekend! See you on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. It is an incredible goal to accomplish. I for one am proud to reccommend Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny to anyone young and old. My mother wants to read it.

    ReplyDelete