Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011


It's a Friday with homework, but I've got a good excuse - I mean reason. I got caught up in some contest/submissions research (entered Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny in the IPPY Awards, and have started plotting out which others I'm entering according to my budget and their deadlines.) and also started a list of places to contact about book signings and story time visits and started a project plan for older kids since I'm wanting to take Clyde into the middle grades. The Sophie's Sneeze projects are in the works too. It's so easy to get caught up in the research and planning! Happily I beat my 1 page writing goal and wrote 2 1/2 which comes in handy! So my only homework is that blasted query letter. I really need to get over my aversion to writing queries, I know they aren't as terrible as I make them out to be. I know the wording isn't even as important as the luck of catching whoever is reading it on the right day at the right minute with the right attitude to like what they are reading. Maybe that's why I hate writing them so much... Whatever the reason, I'm going to suffer through it and have it done and not hanging over me before the new week starts - I hope... For now, it's off to rejoin the world for a little while! See you Monday!
(Note on the pic: I'm tired of winter and would like some of these again now!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! I agree about the query letters, it's all in the timing and the swirling of the cosmic universe, but it IS possible to make that connection.

    ReplyDelete