Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010


Memorial Day is a time to remember all of those who have gone before us and cleared a path that makes it possible to follow our dreams today. Our fallen soldiers rightfully stand in today's spotlight, but please don't forget the others who have enabled us to step beyond yesterdays limitations and into today's possibilities. Remember the adventurers who bravely walked out into the unknown which has since become our home; the thinkers who explored concepts that have improved life in this world; teachers who made sure that the population could not be held down due to ignorance; doctors who strive to improve the quality of life and the length we can enjoy it; every individual no matter their title or roll who has taken a step forward and tugged the rest of us along with them into a better place in history. And please don't forget that one day, when our feet no longer walk upon this Earth, we too will have left things to remember behind. No matter how great or how small, try to make the footprints you leave behind worth following and stepping beyond.
And on those mighty big hopes and words, it's time to let you know where my feet will be taking me this week. Garden plants that will feed us through the year are in process of being planted, so that comes first. There is a definite need for a clean house, so I think that should go on the list. We've got two birthdays around here this week (mine is tomorrow, Mom's is Saturday) so cake and fun with the family get mixed in. Hmmm... book... book... book... ah yes, I need to redo an illustration that I'm not happy with and make sure of my page sizes and margins.(I'm posting the cover illustration that I think I'm going to go with today) Maybe not civilization changing goals, but all very life affirming, positive and (at least I believe) great ways to say "thank you" to those who have gone before so that I can be who I am and follow this path that I have chosen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the very inspirational blog. Love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete