Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010


I'm a day late, but wow, the days this week were busy! I didn't quite make it to the end of my list, but I did get an extra day with family so it more than makes up for it! Watching my sister graduate with her bachelor's degree today after all the struggle that it's taken her to get there, getting play and snuggle time with my niece, seeing family that I love and don't get to see often... WAY more than worth missing out on a few flowers! This afternoon/evening is the graduation party and I'm looking forward to celebrating Jen's accomplishment with her. I'm posting a picture of Jen from a few years ago. It may look like I'm just being lazy and not taking the time to get one off of the camera from the graduation ceremony today, but I wanted to give a nod to my brother-in-law, Bryan for being the great kind of guy he is, and being there for Jen during this last push toward her goal.
Just a quick moment to pat myself on the back for what I DID get done before the festivities. I know what Clyde looks like - although Sheridan has my color picture happily stuck on her wall now =) - and shouldn't have too much trouble reproducing her both for the cover (which I think I have a good idea for) and in black and white for the chapter illustrations. I also sent in three entries for the Writer's Digest 79th Annual Writing Competition. I may not win, but I'm proud of myself for taking the chance! I'm also only a few pages from the end of critiquing the second part of my friend's manuscript. Really, I'm not far from the end of this week's tunnel, and I'm happy with the progress I did make.
Monday will have me back to the same old same old, but for now: A Toast to Jen! I'm so very proud of you, my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment