Monday, September 27, 2010

Sept. 27, 2010


I got the tracking number for my shipment of Clyde books today!!!! It's amazing how each new thing actually gives you a little case of the butterflies even though you know it's coming. At this rate the poor UPS man should probably wear ear plugs when he brings the actual box of books (tomorrow??? Wednesday at the latest... hopefully tomorrow...). He may also want to have a plan for getting back in his truck quickly to escape - I'm probably as bad with a new book as I was with the kids baby pictures! (okay, maybe worse actually)

So anyway, goals for this week are a little tricky and need to work around each other and the hope that the layout was right and the printing went as well as I believe it did. The main thing is to go introduce Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny to a couple of stores who carry Fiddlebug so that they can decide whether they would like to help her meet her future adoring fans. I also need to set up my sales tracking sheets (I HATE this part and am hoping to pawn it off on Scott because he loves me and is much, MUCH better with the process than I am.) I've also got to get her logged into the store on my website ( www.brittneycassity.com ) and probably a million other things that I'm forgetting right now. So I'm just going to spend the week getting Clyde situated - which sounds absolutely perfect to me!

See you with an update on Friday!
p.s. You get a sneak peak of one of the interior illustrations for the book. I decided to go with black and white line drawings at the beginning of each chapter instead of color illustrations because I felt they fit the book's 3rd - 5th grade target audience and the feel of the book itself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment