Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010


After a strangely eventful week, I've finally made it here to update. Nothing really terrible, just sort of aggravating: a couple of new cavities on the boys reported by the dentist, a prescription for an iron supplement from my doctor, an afternoon long 3 county power outage that made me have to spend two days on the typical grocery trip. But now it's Saturday, and I'm happy to report that I got my critiques done in time for writer's group. I also survived the "hot seat" as they critiqued Dragonpox for me. I'm planning on setting this weeks $15.00 back in the hopes that I'll be able to spend it along with next week's when I finish Monday's "To Do List". I can't decide between red mulch and a new fountain critter for the fairy bed, so I figure that if I hold off I'll have enough for both. (Plus I REALLY just don't want to get back in the car any time soon.)
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm leaving you with a picture of a really neat flowering bush I picked up last year. The picture is from about a month ago, and I'll post an updated one on Monday so you can see how it's changed. I'll be back on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. So was the critique helpful? Do you like the group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the group is really good. They are a diverse group which is nice, and they had quite a few ideas on how to improve the story. I'm still considering which changes I want to try. I'm thinking that I want to write the whole thing in my wordy way and then make another version where I do I drastic word count cut to see if the story will stay in tact. I'm not sure when I'm going to start though. I've got a couple of things ahead of it on my To Do List. You should really see if you can participate through e-mail.

    ReplyDelete