Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15, 2011


Hello WEEKEND! (Even with the impending storm on the horizon) I think I'm going to celebrate the fact that I did actually accomplish some things this week by baking. Seems counter productive since one of the things I'm celebrating is making it to the gym 3 times as planned, but most of the baked goods get attacked by Scott and the large children I'm fairly safe. I'm usually lucky if I can manage to grab one bite sized example and still pull my hand away without bite marks. I am only exaggerating slightly.
Tuesday's trip to the local high school to sit on Emily's senior project panel went very well. She did a great job with her presentation, and the two teachers sitting beside me as judges were very impressed as well. I'm very curious to see what she ultimately decides to do with her story. I know she's entered it in a contest so far. I'm wishing her the best of luck on it.
By the way, I managed to get my inventory and records under control again, finished a rough draft for an upcoming contest, visited a couple of libraries who will (hopefully) invite me over for story time and give me the chance to sell a couple of books in the process this week. I've also got a school story time visit that promises to be a new experience due to the fact that I'm hearing I may be up in front of a larger number of people than usual in the works. Not a bad week considering I went with the "wing it" theory.
Now it's off to the kitchen to play "mad scientist" with baked goods. Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you again on Monday!

(note on the pic: A close-up of my peach tree from last Monday.)

1 comment:

  1. You seem very proud of Emily, I wish her luck on her way to it.
    And Wow good for you and the potentials, good luck.

    ReplyDelete