Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011


I hope that the New Year came in with as much motivation for you as it did for me! I also hope that the motivation I've had over the last few days sticks with me and helps me accomplish the goals I've outlined for 2011. Yep, that's right, I've got a schedule outlined. It doesn't even have that many gaping holes! Lunatic Optimism? Maybe, but it's ORGANIZED Lunatic Optimism. I'm going to try to follow it like a recipe and see how the finished product turns out. I've set everything up as a monthly goal chart, so I can use my mood to decide between projects while still working toward the completion of the outline. Most of the "big" stuff is recurring so will hopefully become a good habit that I can stick to. I've got a pretty good feeling about this! (and you can turn off the "impending doom" background music now...)

So here is what I'm planning for this week: Since I want to finish all of the future Wednesdays Words... posts so I can have them on hand instead of stressing to stay caught up, I've got 8 to think about and write down. I've also got 30 total to illustrate so I'll do 8 of those this week too. Secondly, this weeks to do list includes the sad fact that I need to turn down the offer I received from Headline Books to partner publish Bart and the Amber Bee Award. I'm not happy to miss out on working with Headline Books as I love their "out of the box" marketing approach, but my part of the publishing agreement just won't fit in my budget this year. Lastly, I need to settle my distribution option for Clyde the Undead Dust Bunny. Until that is done I'm limited on where I can set up book signings, so it needs to happen now.

And there you have it - my first list of goals for 2011. Here's hoping the motivation doesn't turn into manic motion and I can stick to the path ahead of me! I'll let you know how it goes on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using your moods to decide which project to start will working toward completion of the ultimate goal. I think moods play a big part in how much enthusiasm goes into the project. Good luck with the organized lunatic optimism!

    ReplyDelete