Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010


So here we are, nearing the end of August and at the beginning of a new week. It's got me thinking about the goals I had floating around in my head at the beginning of summer and how the path may have deviated from the plan here and there. Sometimes those deviations are good things, others... not so much. One of the not so great sliders from the path has been new writing. Marketing Fiddlebug and worrying about getting other finished manuscripts into the right hands has stepped in front of all of the new stuff floating around in my head. Considering that my favorite part of this whole thing is the writing, this doesn't make me happy in the least! I'm planning on remedying that starting this week. I'm still going to take a little time here and there to finish up the marketing plans under way at the website for what is already out in the world or heading toward it's birth, but I do believe it's time to give some new or neglected voices my attention. I need an adventure...
That being said, here is what I'm On My Way To this week: I've got Writer's Group on Wednesday, and am still awaiting the piece that I need to critique. If it doesn't come then I guess I'm going to get off easy and only be in the hot seat with the picture book version of Quillan and Dragonpox (which admittedly needs help and insight). I also need to get a new Clyde post up at the website - I think this one will be from Pennsylvania. The big thing for the week is that I'm going to add 4 hours of nothing but writing time in. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the mundane world needs attention too, so 4 hours is about all I can comfortably fit in. Hopefully I'll get it increased over the next few weeks. I'll let you know what comes out of that time on Friday! Until then, best of luck with your own path!

1 comment:

  1. Four hours squeezed out between real life is not too much to ask, I wish you a very productive four hours.

    ReplyDelete