Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010


Yay! Finally technology has decided to play nice (keeping fingers crossed since it's not official until the post is up!) I hate it when Monday's are typically Monday-ish, but I guess that's just the nature of the beast sometimes.
So, this week is not going to be a flower week - sorry to anyone who may have been hoping for the variegated twisted reeds, or something bright to fill in the whole by the orange and yellow lilies in the fairy bed. This week is all about the Writer's Digest Summer Conference up in Ripley, WV. I've had my reservations made for a while now, but still the weekend seems to be coming up fast and the 'what should I take' question is looming. Thankfully it's a casual conference, so I don't have to worry about walking in heels along with remembering names and introducing my writing self positively (two current biggest fears right at the moment!) This will be my first ever writer's conference, so I'm planning on being as sponge like as possible and soaking up all the information I possibly can. I've picked my top 2 choices for workshops in each time slot (just in case my top one is too full). I've printed out my directions. I've got a general idea of what I'm packing as far as clothes go. All that is really left is the important part of what writing examples I should take. This week, payoff will be having a wonderful time among other's who share my interest in words, so I'm On My Way To getting ready for the adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time and absorb sponge-like so you can share your new found knowledge with your friend (as in me)and our future writing group. I will do the same this weekend.
    I have faith you'll make some positive connections with Candlewick. Are you going to see them even though you are not pitching? I know you'll enjoy the experience and get in some alone time as well.

    ReplyDelete