Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010


And so begins The Schedule... Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the craft show over at Greenbrier Valley Mall. I have no idea if I'm going to take any crafts or not, but I am taking books to sign. I know what you're thinking, "Well hey, that doesn't sound hard at all, what the heck are you cringing for?" I'm cringing because of the big picture. The puzzle pieces for the next 3 weeks that have to fall just right so that everything works out. How to juggle 2 sick kids, 3 large trees on our neighbor's lot that all need to magically become stacked firewood at our house (I did mention BIG right? I also mentioned that it's just Scott and I dealing with them while the kids are sick... and that work has him tied up most of this week at least... and the Thanksgiving deadline...), 6 book signings (2 in the same day 1 1/2 hours apart as the crow flies), and still handle school stuff, research an issue with our homeowners insurance and home loan people and how to fix the problem, and keep us in clean underwear and food. Toss in our 19th Anniversary on the 23rd and Thanksgiving on the 25th and you have what I'm On My Way To for the next 17 days. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or whining - okay maybe I'm whining a little - I'm cringing because this has the potential of reaching Perfect Storm qualities around here and I don't want to have to spend the next 3 months dealing with the aftermath. Wish me luck. I'll keep you updated on how it's going and any tweaking of events that arise.
(Note on the picture: This - and a truckload of wood just like it - was delivered as "firewood" from the guy we were purchasing from this year. Please note that while this example is physically beautiful to look at he was charging $50 a load, had a short bed pick-up with a very large toolbox taking up 1/4 of the bed and thought this was acceptable... *shaking my head*. This is how we ended up with the rather daunting job ahead of us.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes the log is cool to look at, but I understand the feeling of being cheated. It is going to be a whirlwind month. Enjoy the ride. LOL

    ReplyDelete